The Home of The Holy Family
a residential home for the mentally disabled
The Home of the Holy Family is an ecclesiastical organization established by the Archbishopric of Prague. The Home’s capacity is currently 76 people. We physically operate in two buildings, both located in Prague 6 – one in the Petřiny district and the other in the Liboc district. Our mission is to provide an all year round accommodation service and professional care to our patients and residents and, at the same time, create a dignified, stimulating and loving environment for them. Our goal is to offer them standard opportunities for social integration, in accordance with the degree of their disability(ies). Our work is based on the belief that every human life is a unique gift, and as such, is to be respected and protected. We also acknowledge and cherish the spiritual dimension of life and try to incorporate this philosophy into the life of the Home; both of our homes have chapels in them.
The target group includes adults with mental and combined disabilities with permanent residence in the City of Prague whose conditions require regular assistance of other people.
What do we offer our clients?
- housing in one- and two-bed rooms
- meals five times a day, respecting tailor made diets
- assistance in handling day-to-day activities
- personal care
- medical and nursing care as necessary
- mobilizing activities according to the client’s individual plan
- social therapeutic activities (therapeutic workshops: pottery workshops, weaving, production of wooden toys and wicker baskets)
- social counseling
- help in asserting the rights and entitlements of clients and the handling of their personal affairs
- cultural and hobby activities
- recreation, outings, trips
- mediation of other services that we do not provide
The café of the Home of the Holy Family is located in a pleasant, non-smoking environment in the newly reconstructed facility of the Home in 1874/10 Ulrychova St., Prague 6 – Petřiny, near the newly opened “Petřiny” metro A-line station . It is a venue where we organize exhibitions, small musical productions, educational trainings and courses. The café area can also be rented out for private parties and lectures.
Hours of operation: Mon. – Fri. 1pm – 6pm
Tel.: +420 235 002 524/521
Director, ThLic. Tomáš BIŇOVEC, tel.: +420 235 002 532, mob.: +420 734 435 114
Fundraiser tel.: +420 235 002 534, mob.: +420 734 435 107
Social worker tel.: +420 235 002 531, mob.: +420 734 435 106
Prague 6 - Břevnov, ZIP CODE 162 00, Czech Republic
IČO (tax ID): 63833069 Account no.: 10006-242242061/0100
IBAN: CZ8801000100060242242061, BIC/SWIFT: KOMBCZPPXXX